1-2-1 Online Tuition
HOME | 1-2-1 ONLINE TUITION
Are you a beginner when it comes to rEsearching your family tree?
Do you want to do a ‘do-over’?
If you’re not sure where to begin I now offer 1-2-1 online tuition to help you get started or to help you start over again and do it better! I will recommend books and useful websites to help you get started.
These workshops make great birthday and retirement gifts (gift cards can be purchased from my shop).
Duration: 1 – 1.5 hours (varies depending on how many questions you ask!)
Cost: £30 per workshop or buy all 4 for £110.
Delivery: I use Microsoft Teams. You do not need to download any software, just follow the link in the e-mail I send you. I will arrange a free practise session beforehand (lasting 15 – 30 minutes). This will give you a chance to get used to the software. It will give me a chance to find out what you want to learn and to find out a bit about your family tree. I may be able to use examples of documents from your family in your workshops.
- Birth, marriage and death certificates and records
- Censuses 1841 – 1921
- The 1939 Register
- Online databases including Ancestry, Find My Past, The Genealogist and FamilySearch
- Searching databases using wildcards (?*)
- FreeBMD website and how it can help you
- General Register Office – for ordering certificates
- Parish Registers (baptism, marriage and burial)
- Workhouse records
- Occupation records
- Military records
- Newspaper archives
- Guild of One Name Studies
- Family History Societies, Society of Genealogists, Institute of Heraldic and Genealogy Studies, Family History Shows
What’s included: 1-2-1 online tuition, a video of each of your workshops (to re-watch at your leisure – great if you need a refresher several months down the line!) and an electronic copy of the PowerPoint handout.
When: book your workshop to suit you, whether that’s a weekday, weekend or evening. I suggest leaving at least a week between workshops to enable you to practise what you’ve learned and bring questions back to the next workshop!
Buy: click here to visit my shop
Questions?: call 07736 313585 or e-mail me at email@example.com
What was the best thing about these workshops? The chance to ask questions!